MINABS Online provides a unique research tool for researchers working in the fields of mineralogy, crystallography, geochemistry, petrology, environmental mineralogy, and related topics. The database – which contains more than 120,000 abstracts of papers published between 1982 and 2008 – originated from the paper journal Mineralogical Abstracts, a publication of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain & Ireland. No new abstracts were added to the database after 2008.
MINABS Online was first published on the Internet in 2003 and is provided free of charge as a service of the Mineralogical Society. The abstracts are also included in the GeoRef database.
Key features of MINABS Online:
- the database includes abstracts from major journals as well as many less accessible journals
- abstracts were written by an expert in the field who considered the entire original paper
- abstracts include key data from the original papers that is not always included in author abstracts
- the database includes book notices, abstracts from books, and special publications
- the database includes links to full text via CrossRef